7 MUST KNOW Facts about ANOREXIA - Eating disorder & Treatment w/Kati Morton | Kati Morton
- Published on Feb 10, 2014
- JOURNAL CLUB!
Every Tuesday & Friday I post a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself!
JOIN NOW: thexvid.com/user/katimortonjoin Order my book today!
ARE U OK? geni.us/sva4iUY
Eating disorders can be scary and at times feel completely out of control. Today I am offering up 7 facts about anorexia and why it's so important that we get help as soon as we can. I know recovery from an eating disorder is difficult, but know that you are not alone and you can get through it!
1. Bad breath. This actually has nothing to do with our dental hygiene, it really happens because we aren't giving it enough nutrients and our body is eating itself to survive. The bad breath that comes with EDs is very different from regular bad breath, and the only way to make it go away is by nourishing our bodies.
2. Heart problems. When we don't give our body enough food and nutrients it begins to eat other parts to keep us alive. One of the things it will break down is muscle. Since our heart is a muscle, this can weaken it and lead to heart attacks. I have seen this when I worked in inpatient eating disorder treatment centers. Please be careful and go get a check up asap!
3. Osteopenia & osteoporosis. Just like I stated before, when we don't give our body enough food and energy it will begin eating away at our muscles and our bones. It will leech the calcium from our bones to keep us alive. This can lead to the breaking down of our bone density, but if we catch it early enough we can usually repair it!
4. Skin and hair issues. Firstly our hair will fall out because it's honestly seen as an extra in many ways. We don't need it to survive, therefore our body will stop producing it as it looks for ways to save energy. Also, our skin can sag and age rapidly. Our skin needs fat, water and many different types of nutrients to look supple and smooth. If we are starving our body our skin will look starved too.
5. Cognitive functioning. If we are starving ourselves, we cannot focus or remember things properly. Our brain needs a lot of energy to function! Especially fats and proteins. If we aren't giving that to our body, it can't do all that we need it to and we may forget things, not be able to concentrate at work or school and we will struggle to keep up with our work.
6. Anorexia doesn't discriminate. It doesn't care who you are, what age, race or gender we are. Eating disorders are a coping skill and they can happen to anyone.
7. Recovery is possible!! With the proper help and support we can over come our nasty ED!!! Trust me, I have seen it happen for so many others and I know it can happen for you.
Please share this video! You never know who could be struggling or who may know someone else who is. xoxVIDEO SCHEDULE...MONDAY - New video release goo.gl/OUEsgM
TUESDAY - Tumblr Tuesday Vlog #KatiFAQ - goo.gl/79fMfa
WEDNESDAY - Website & TheXvid Vlog #KatiFAQ - goo.gl/CIp9b9
THURSDAY - Twitter Thursday Vlog #KatiFAQ - goo.gl/kL7ZjX
FRIDAY - Facebook Friday Vlog #KatiFAQ - goo.gl/kjYLeRKati Morton, MFTI
TheXvid: thexvid.com/user/katimortonSubscribe to my channel:
Complete "Healthy Mind, Healthy Body!":
thexvid.com/p/PL_loxoCVsWqzvKjM9HCbL1sWxsWJSRLNKTypes of Eating Disorders:
thexvid.com/p/PL_loxoCVsWqz_CKEMjHx8o-umO1TzzaDrEating Disorders Explained:
thexvid.com/p/PL_loxoCVsWqxDKOXuVu3Uho-409fNOEAlKind words from you:
My other sites:
My Website: www.katimorton.com
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/katimorton1Help us caption & translate this video!amara.org/v/DdJG/
-~-~~-~~~-~~-~- weight loss eugenia cooney treatment therapy thin ****PLEASE READ****
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.