🇪🇹 Ethiopian Airlines flight to Nairobi crashes, deaths reported | AlJazeera English
- Published on Mar 10, 2019
- An Ethiopian Airlines jet with 157 people on board has crashed.
The Boeing 737 took off from the capital, Addis Ababa, bound for Nairobi, Kenya. It came down six minutes later near the town of Bishoftu, Ethiopia.
It was the latest version of the 737 - 800 MAX - identical to the Lion Air jet which crashed off the coast of Indonesia in October, killing all 189 people on board.
Pilots have since accused Boeing of failing to warn them of changes to the flight controls and a new, automated stall prevention system.
Al Jazeera spoke to Alex Macheras, an aviation analyst who joined us on Skype from Malaga.
Our correspondent Catherine Soi also joined us from Nairobi on the phone to discuss the latest updates.
- Subscribe to our channel: aje.io/AJSubscribe
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/AJEnglish
- Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/aljazeera
- Check our website: www.aljazeera.com/
#ET302 #EtiopianAirlinesCrash #BreakingNews