Heritage: Union Pacific's Missouri Pacific SD70ACe #1982 - II: MoPac Special
- Published on Sep 6, 2015
- Filmed 09/02/15
Thanks to a half day at work, I was able to get this one. I knew it was in the area , but figured I'd be at work when it went through. Even still I cut it VERY close. Took longer to get to the first spot than I thought it would for various reasons, but I got to the park with about five minutes to spare.
Chris was tracking it for me and he mentioned I should go chase it to Buckner about 5 or 6 miles to the east on 24hwy. When I saw how fast he was going, I was reluctant to go for the chase, but after the first few cars went by, I was like, screw it, and shut the camera off and bolted.
I won't say how fast I was going to beat it to Buckner (let's just say I'm glad no cops were in the area), but I made it there with about a minute to spare. I parked across the street from the old Missouri Pacific caboose and ran to the other side of the tracks to get the better sunlight.
Without realizing it at the time, that move set me up with a little bonus; I was able to get both the Missouri Pacific heritage unit, in the same shot as the MoPac caboose, all while on former Missouri Pacific trackage.
I was finally able to get some club video filmed this weekend, so I'll have some of that coming really soon. So stay tuned, more to come and as always, thanks for watching!
Heritage Score Board:
Union Pacific... GOT 'EM ALL!
- 1982 (5: Leading**, DPU 2x, Argentine Yard, Leading 2x)
- 1983 (5: Leading 4x, DPU)
- 1988 (5: Leading*, 3rd out*, Leading, 2nd out, DPU)
- 1989 (3: Neff Yard, Leading 2x)
- 1995 (3: Neff Yard, Leading 1x,1*)
- 1996 (5: Leading*, 2nd out, 3rd out, Leading 3x)
Amtrak... 1 left
- 66 (20+: Leading the River Runners)
- 156 (10+: Leading the River Runners, 2nd out on the 4, leading the 4 2x)
- 184 (9: Leading 314/313, 2nd out on #4, leading #4 2x)
- 822 (1: Leading, though apparently this isn't a Heritage unit, even though it's painted like one. Completely stupid.)
Norfolk Southern... 9 to go.
- 1066 (2: Leading, DPU)
- 1068 (1: 2nd out)
- 1069 (1: Argentine Yard)
- 1071 (1: Leading)
- 1072 (1: 10th out)
- 8098 (1: 2nd out)
- 8100 (1: 2nd out)
- 8102 (1: 2nd out)
- 8103 (1: 2nd out)
- 8104 (1: Avondale Yard)
- 8114 (2: Leading)
#: number of times I've seen them
* notes that unit was not filmed or photographed at that time.
** notes that unit was photographed, not filmed.
Facebook: Shane Mason
Facebook: Spencer Batey
Facebook: Vinny Sestito
facebook (Railfan Jason)
facebook (Eastern Jackson County Mainliners)
Train club account: