What's the story with log(1 + 2 + 3)?
- Published on Jun 14, 2019
- This is my deep dive into the log(1 + 2 + 3) = log(1) + log(2) + log(3) log troll meme. I'm not going to link to any of the online discussions incase I accidentally encourage brigading. If you want to join in constructively, you can google them.
Huge thanks to Jane Street for becoming my channel's principle sponsor. If you're curious, this is what they do:
Ask them for a job here:
We make Think Maths teaching resources to go with Stand-up Maths videos. For this one we have a worksheet of questions you can give your students before they watch the video. Plus I provide my excel file for the plot of the max values.
- I mis-spoke and said "two" instead of "four" and "one" instead of "zero" but tried to fix both with titles in the edit. Sorry I did not have time to re-film it!
- Yes, my camera autofocus is annoying. I swear it has broken somehow; I thought I'd set it up right this time. I think Jane Street might have to get me a new camera.
- Let me know if you spot anything else!
Thanks to my Patreon supporters who help make these videos possible. Here is a random subset:
Support my channel and I can make more maths videos:
Music by Howard Carter
Filming and editing by Matt Parker
Design by Simon Wright
MATT PARKER: Stand-up Mathematician
Maths book: wwwh.umble-pi.com
Nerdy maths toys: mathsgear.co.uk/