Marjorie's Cheese Cake - New York Style
- Published on Jul 15, 2010
- Cheese Cake - New York Style
Graham Cracker Crust note: if you would like the original recipe that comes with this recipe you will find it at the very end of this info:
1 ¾ cups ground graham crackers
½ cup butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
1. Combine all ingredients above and press into a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan.
2. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 10 minutes.
3. Then cool
Cheese Cake Filling
3 Tablespoons flour
5 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese
1 ¾ cup sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ tsp. vanilla
1 ½ tsp grated lemon rind
1 ½ tsp grated orange rind
5 whole eggs
1. Combine all ingredients room temperature cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, orange and lemon peel. Beat till well combined,
2. Add 1 egg at a time and beat for a moment then add the next egg, till all are added.
3. Pour into the cooled graham cracker crust/spring form pan.
4. Bake for 10 minutes on 500 degrees F.
5. Then bake for 1 hour 250 degrees F.
6, The top will not be golden brown it will still be very light in color.
7. Remove from oven and cool.
8. Remove from spring form.
9 Serve with any topping you like. The you tube recipe I have for strawberry sauce would be awesome.
The Original Flour based recipe that comes with this recipe. It is very good but I love graham cracker crust with cheese cake.
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup softened butter
- Howto & Style