Elon Musk’s Carbon Tech Explained
- Published on Apr 16, 2021
- In this video, we take a look at what Elon Musk is up to when it comes to his next venture of funding new carbon capture technology. We will explain a bit of the science behind capturing carbon and storage, the different ways it can be done from mass scale to DIY. And we will take a look at some of the companies who are already working on innovations to capture carbon on a grand scale.
The futuristic tech that comes out of this competition could also be used on Mars. As the Martian atmosphere is 95% carbon dioxide. This can be captured to make oxygen, fuel, and water.
And it will be essential for life on Earth, when it comes to building the city of the future.
Other topics covered in this video include:
• A basic explanation of how it works - using trees as an example
• Why it is needed for environmental sustainability
• The details of Elon Musk's Xprize carbon capture challenge - what the judges will be looking for, the requirements, and Elon Musk's goals for what kind of green technology he wants to see be created
• How this tech will be used by astronauts going to Mars
• The different methods of carbon removal from direct air capture, using the oceans, seaweeds, and kelp, to using rocks and enhanced weathering
• Highlighting a few companies and projects such as Hypergiant, Project Vesta, and Cemvita Factory