How to Make New York Cheesecake | The Stay At Home Chef
- Published on Sep 26, 2018
- How to Make New York Cheesecake | The Stay At Home Chef
__________↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK FOR RECIPE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ ______________
There's nothing like a real New York Cheesecake, lovingly prepared, baked, and patiently cooled. So dense. So delicious. So perfect.
16 graham crackers
4 tablespoons butter, melted
4 (8oz packages) cream cheese
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 (6-inch) vanilla bean OR 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the sides and bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with butter or shortening.
2. Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or blender. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in melted butter until the crumbs are all moistened and press into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to whip together the cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
4. Add in the eggs and sour cream, and beat on low until incorporated.
5. Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds into the mixture, or add in vanilla extract. Add in flour and mix until incorporated and smooth. Pour mixture into the springform pan.
6. Crumple up 3 sheets of aluminum foil into flat discs and place on a baking sheet. Place the springform pan on top of these discs to elevate the cake so it doesn't touch your baking sheet. Fill the baking sheet with a layer of ice, surrounding the springform pan.
7. Bake in the center rack of the oven for 1 hour. Do not open the door. At the end of the hour, turn off the oven, keeping the door closed. Let the cheesecake slowly cool in the oven for 5 to 6 hours to prevent cracking.
8. Remove and refrigerate until ready to serve.
9. Remove the springform pan ring before serving. Keep cold.
Thanks for watching! Don't forget to push "LIKE," leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too.
PRINTABLE RECIPE: thestayathomechef.com/perfect-new-york-cheesecake/
SUBSCRIBE to my channel: thexvid.com/user/thestayhomechef
FACEBOOK: The Stay At Home Chef
PINTEREST: The Stay At Home Chef
CONTACT ME: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stay At Home Chef offers restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. If you want to become a better cook, learn how to cook, or just need dinner ideas for your family, this channel is for you. We’re taking really good recipes and making them easy recipes that you can make at home in your own kitchen. Cooking, baking, how to, all things food, and more!
MORE RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY:
How to Make The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake: goo.gl/2waAay
How to Make The Most Amazing White Cake: goo.gl/B4Lk4y
How to Make The Most Amazing Lasagna: goo.gl/TreySb
How to Make The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls: goo.gl/ETQguR
How to Make Authentic Carne Asada: goo.gl/ZrXKkg
How to Cook a Thick Cut Pork Chop: goo.gl/PWWV5h
- Howto & Style