Three hospital patients die after being given sandwiches contaminated with listeria | ITV News

Share
Embed
  • Published on Jun 7, 2019
  • Three hospital patients have died after eating pre-packaged sandwiches contaminated with listeria, Public Health England have said.
    Two of the patients died at Manchester Royal Infirmary. The third death happened at Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
    In total, six hospital patients who were seriously ill at the two hospitals contracted listeria from the sandwiches.
    Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust said it "offered our deepest condolences to the bereaved families". It added the sandwiches came from the patient menu and the ones that may have been affected have been withdrawn.
    • Subscribe to ITV News on TheXvid: bit.ly/2lOHmNj
    • Get breaking news and more stories at www.itv.com/news
    Follow ITV News on Facebook: itvnews/
    Follow ITV News on Twitter: itvnews
    Follow ITV News on Instagram: itvnews

Comments • 0